Oil, Gas and Mineral Law
South Texas is a vibrant area of oil, gas and mineral exploration, and the San Antonio attorneys at McReynolds & Tye, P.C. are at the center of the activity, protecting their clients’ interests and helping them achieve their goals. Attorney Michael McReynolds has been Board Certified in Oil, Gas and Mineral Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1986 and spent seven years as in-house counsel for three different oil and gas companies. While taking a leadership role in the field of oil and gas law in his profession, Mr. McReynolds remains committed along with the other attorneys and staff to providing high-quality, dependable legal services to the firm’s oil and gas clients.
We counsel and represent mineral, royalty, and surface owners regarding the law related to the acquisition, ownership, leasing, development, production, transfer, and disposition of oil, gas and other minerals in the State of Texas. This includes mineral and royalty ownership, surface use, conveyances, contracts, statutes, and regulations affecting oil, gas and other minerals.
Our oil, gas and mineral services include the following:
- Assignment of mineral and/or royalty interests to family members, trusts, etc.
- Negotiation and preparation of seismic permits
- Negotiation and preparation of lease option and acreage selection agreements
- Negotiation and preparation of oil and gas leases
- Negotiation and preparation of pooling and unitization agreements
- Review and approval of division orders and transfer orders
- Review of delay rentals and royalty payments
- Resolution of royalty disputes
- Negotiation and preparation of surface use agreements
- Resolution of lease access and surface damage disputes
- Negotiation and preparation of pipeline and road easements
- Review of operator compliance with lease and regulatory requirements
- Review of operator compliance with implied lease covenants
- Resolution of lease termination disputes
In addition to mineral and royalty owners, we also represent several oil and gas operators and service companies with many of the issues they regularly encounter in their daily business dealings, including compliance with joint operating agreements and local, state, and federal regulations, and the negotiation of land purchases, leases, and permits.